Help us distribute 10,000 purple peace ribbons throughout the State of MA by September 21-- International Day of Peace.
JOIN OUR PURPLE PEACE RIBBON CAMPAIGN:
The most well-known way to put the principle of UNITY in action and believe that Peace is Possible is to join in the purple peace ribbon campaign as we prepare for September 21st --International Day of Peace.
We need volunteers to come in to our open house on Wednesdays, September 9 and 16 at 4:30-6:30pm and help us make purple ribbons in preparation for Peace day.
Louis D. Brown Peace Institute
15 Christopher St.
Dorchester, MA 02122
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Ways to get involved:
1. Gather your youth group, church group, social justice group, families impacted by violence (on both ends).
2. Purchase purple ribbons by the spool or by the yard.
3. Cut a two inch piece of purple ribbon.
4. Loop the purple ribbon around to create the classic symbol.
5. Use a safety pin to attach the peace ribbon to a shirt or clothing accessory.
6. You can display a peace ribbon to your computer or pin it to a notice board, back pack or somewhere else where you will see it every day.
7. You can also donate the purple peace ribbons at vigils, memorial service or community events.
8. You can also use these ribbons as a fundraising tool and donate the proceeds to your favorite group that is working towards sustainable peace in school, home, and community.
Take photos of your service learning projects, share them with others and also remember to let us know how many ribbons you make and how many you shared. Email email@example.com, tweet and post using #iampeace #peaceispossible.